RedSnowMS
If you would like to view any topics on this forum you must Register. If you all ready are please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RedSnowMS
If you would like to view any topics on this forum you must Register. If you all ready are please log in.
RedSnowMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt's GM Application

5 posters

Go down

Matt's GM Application Empty Matt's GM Application

Post  Eagle Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Ryan introduced me to this server. Very Happy
Name:
Mathieu, but you can call me Matt.

In-Game Name:
Its been the same for many years. Eagle.

Timezone:
Easter Standard Time (EST)
Mississauga, Ontario. (Canada)

When can you go on?:
I can go on often during the week/weekend. A couple hours a day, but from Mon-Fri, I wont be on much for 2 of those 5 days, because of my Hockey. I have hockey 4 days a week, 2 games and 2 practices. Games are during the week, practices weekend.

How long can you stay on?:
I go on as much as possible. Like I said above, a couple hours a day, unless I have hockey.

Why do you want to help out this server?:
I want to help out this server because I have alot of knowledge in Maplestory. I can help plenty of people with their needs, and can learn to code (Never done it, but if I have to, Ill do my best).

What experience have you had? (List the servers) Proof?:
>_> I've never been a GM, but Id like this to be my chance to be one.<3 =D I've played on many servers though, such as Unholy MS, and more I cant remember f3.

If you've found a hacker, what would you do?:
If I ever find a hacker, I would jail him at first. Most likely jail for a couple of hours. Ill write their names down, and if I see them hacking on this server again, I will ban them immediately.

If two people were in an argument and it starts to get out of hand, what action would you take?:
I would try to make them stop, and maybe tell them to whisper eachother instead (lol). If they dont stop, Id mute them for an hour or two.

If you've caught your friend hacking, what would be his/her punishment?:
In my opinion, I would give them the same punishment as a normal hacker. Even if hes my friend, he has no right to hack on this server.

If I catch you abusing, what should be your punishment?:
First of all, if I'm ever a GM, I would do my best not to abuse my powers. My punishment should be either having my GM powers taken away, banned, or just given a warning.

Some extra stuff I feel I should put in?:
Im a very nice boy/teen. I'm an intellectual person (Some might think not), and Im very, VERY talkative. Ask Ryan, he knows >Very Happy. If someone on the server is bored, I would try my best to amuse him, and make him happy, by doing something Legit. Im a 13 year old male who plays hockey, loves Canada and is a 'Frenchy'.

What does it mean to be a GM? What does the title/role "GM" Mean to you?:
GM stands for Game Master, and in other cases, General Manage (not for ms). To me, the term 'GM' means to be someone on a game, who demonstrates Leadership to everyone, someone who knows a lot in the game hes a GM on, someone who can be trusted to lets say watch the server alone for a while and who is responsible.

If you want to, contact me/add me on msn: matt.2.k.8@hotmail.com

Eagle

Back to top Go down

Matt's GM Application Empty reply

Post  remsaman Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:48 am

its not bad, but even if you jail a hacker, he can just hack out of jail. your best bet would be to ban(probably temp).

another thing, going on for a couple of hours a day is alright, but the days you can go on arnt ideal..

you might be able to learn to code, but you might not "be bothered" after you actually become a GM...

First of all, if I'm ever a GM, I would do my best not to abuse my powers. My punishment should be either having my GM powers taken away, banned, or just given a warning.
if you abuse your powers, i doubt theyll just give you a warning(depending on the severity of abuse)

and also, you dont need to post "i would do my best not to abuse my powers" in the answer, because its not part of the question.

i probably wouldnt accept this application, due to the times and days you can go on...

but its not mine to judge

remsaman
In-Game Mod
In-Game Mod

Back to top Go down

Matt's GM Application Empty Re: Matt's GM Application

Post  SilencedOmen Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am

In my opinion the amount of time you can spend moderating the server is quite little, so in my opinion you wouldnt make the best of mods, but still the decision is held by Andre/Jimmy. Best of luck getting GM Matt.
SilencedOmen
SilencedOmen

Back to top Go down

Matt's GM Application Empty also

Post  remsaman Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:39 pm

also, due to the fact this being your first, and only post...

id say your just skimming private servers for the GM position.

remsaman
In-Game Mod
In-Game Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:48 pm

remsaman wrote:its not bad, but even if you jail a hacker, he can just hack out of jail. your best bet would be to ban(probably temp).

another thing, going on for a couple of hours a day is alright, but the days you can go on arnt ideal..

you might be able to learn to code, but you might not "be bothered" after you actually become a GM...

if you abuse your powers, i doubt theyll just give you a warning(depending on the severity of abuse)

and also, you dont need to post "i would do my best not to abuse my powers" in the answer, because its not part of the question.

i probably wouldnt accept this application, due to the times and days you can go on...

but its not mine to judge

I IP Ban h@CK3RS then keep thier IP's logged on my computer...
Jimmy
Jimmy
Admin
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/jimmytheundead/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:38 pm

=D You posted the same app on 23 other servers. GG
Andre
Andre
Admin